Date of Submission: Oct. 10th 2010
Application Deadline: Open until filled
POSITION: Grant Writer / Fundraiser
Office of the: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
AIDS Orphans Education Trust, International Coordinating office (AOET ICO)
DUTY STATION: JINJA - Uganda
Minimum Time Commitment: 2 Months
Maximum time commitment: Open and Flexible
AIDS Orphans Education Trust – Uganda - a Registered, non Governmental organization that Works with Vulnerable Children and Widows, by providing Vocational Training for the underprivileged, HIV/AIDS Awareness, Rural Mobile Clinics, Voluntary Counseling and Testing for HIV, Home based care for AIDS Patients, Children’s Villages, Water projects, Child Sponsorship programs…, seeks a grant writer to assist the organization in meeting its fundraising goals.
The grant writer will work with the Executive Director to secure foundation, corporate and government funding. Specifically, this individual will:
- Write and edit proposals, reports, contracts and other correspondence for submission to foundation, corporate, and government funders.
- Research internal and outside sources for statistics and other information to support proposals.
- Assist in preparing budgets.
- Interact with executive level and program staff, as well as with foundation and corporate staff and government grant representatives.
- Assist in researching private and government funding opportunities
- Participate in discussions with funders in preparation for proposal drafting.
Minimum requirements include:
- 2 Months commitment,
- Experience in grant writing,
- Should be able to gather, coordinate and analyze information accurately,
- Manage multiple deadlines/tasks,
- Work with minimal supervision.
The person also should be a flexible team player with excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and computer skills. Experience with word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and on-line research resources would be good skills to have.
To Serve AOET and Children in particular, Please write to:
Mr. Sam Tushabe, at: firstname.lastname@example.org